DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Dear doctor, I raised a question to you regarding my bowel

Dear doctor, I raised a question to you regarding my bowel problem, I told you I have lots of health problems and have also gastritis. You answered my question, but do I have more then one question for the money I gave you. Because My wife who is my carer
is 72 years of age over the last 3/4 weeks she has been having attacks with pain in her arms cross her shoulders like heavy ,and making her stomach feel nervy and fatigued also she has had bowel movements with these episodes, medication/ Amlodipine 5mg. allopurinol
100mg. neditol xl 4mg paracetamol omeprazole her blood test showed she had a high level of ESR and she has got to have another blood test Friday 27/11/15
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThere are many doctors on this site.You have already set up a new question which I have found.Your wife needs an immediate exam: today; take here to the ER if needed.First of all, a heart problem needs to be ruled out.This is under diagnosed at her age, and with bad consequences. This set of symptoms can be angina, and even unstable angina. This can be autoimmune disease with a high ESRIT can be hidden infection or malignancy. Right now, however, she needs to have heart disease ruled out. Today.MeHelloFirst of all I would never given anyone valtrex daily for oral herpes.Unless there were chronic and severe outbreaks.Most people don't have outbreaks often.Itching is not normal.Itching without a rash can bemedication reactiondiabetesiron deficiencypolycythemiaheavy metalsB vitamin deficienciesother problems.See an internal medicine doctor. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI see you have left negative rating for the other expert.I am another expert here.would you still like help?I am sorry your wife is having these attacks of pain in her arms and cross her shoulders.she could be having a pinched nerve or spinal stenosis in her spine from arthritis in her neck or upper back causing these pains.she could be having muscle inflammation like from polymyalgia rheumatica which can occur more frequently at her ageshe could be having inflammation of her muscles called myositis.she might benefit from an MRI scan of her spine to look for pinched nerves and arthritis in her spine. an MRI scan can be difficult to get in the UK, but some patients can get it through the NHS. or privately.I'm glad she is getting more blood work Fridayask for ANA antinuclear antibody testing and rheumatoid factor to check for rheumatoid arthritis and also creatinine phosphokinase to check for myositis muscle inflammation.and ask for C reactive protein levels which check for blood vessel inflammation in the body.let me know if you have other questions.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThe answer above is quite correct.Not sure why you would give a negative rating.A pinched nerve, to assume that, would be dangerous at this point. YOu actually have a pasting error on my first answer, so you received two answers.Please ignore the second one. This situation is heart disease until proven other wise.If you have further information, I would be glad to consider it. Do not assume this is anything else until she is checked out. Please reverse your negative rating with a positive on this post.Then let me know if there are more questions.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.