Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Good morning,,, I started dating my boyfriend last month, after

Customer Question

Good morning,,, I started dating my boyfriend last month, after 3 times we had sex I felt there was a fishy smell so I went to see my Gp in london and he said it s thrush and gave me antibiotics for it and everything went well after . I got my period and my boyfriend had to travel for 10 days and he came back yesterday , after having sex with him I found blood and I'm scared that the inflammation comes Back as last time it started with blood too .our sex is not violent at all, and actually soft and there was not reason for the blood to come from the penetration . I'm really worried , should I go to see a doctor again?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
Have you had a pap smear recently or in the past?
If yes, was it normal?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes a year ago and it was normal
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
That is the main concern whenever one has bleeding after sex or during sex.
With your normal pap smear it is very unlikely that you would be having anything serious.
It may just be the infection that caused your bleeding.
I would get it checked out but I am pretty sure it is nothing serious.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to see my Gp 2 weeks ago and this is the result he gave me There is a heavy growth of Candida (Thrush) and also Mycoplasma.
It would be worth getting some Clotrimazole pessaries to absolutely kill the yeast.
The azithromycin will kill the Mycoplasma.Stop Dalacin after3 doses. Metronidazole not needed.
should I go and see him again?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yes you should be seen again and be examined again by your GP.I would like to see if there is still some persistent infection.The thing with these kinds of infection is that sexual intercourse is not advised until you have healed completely which is usually a period of two weeks.But again, it does not sound like anything serious.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the ratings as that is the only way I am credited on here.Kind regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I would appreciate it if you rate me before you leave as that is the only way I am credited on here.