Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have a problem with my sleep. I fall asleep with no

Customer Question

I have a problem with my sleep. I fall asleep with no problem but wake after about an hour and a half and am restless and toss and turn the rest of the night. I have a app on my phone which shows that I am getting at least 7.30 hours sleep per night but
that this is not quality sleep. I suffer from restless legs and am on medication for this. I have been taken the herbal tablet Kalms for about a month now as well. I am sticking to the same routine each night and reading for a good half hour before switching
off light. Is there anything else that I can take or do to help with a good nights quality sleep.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
you can work on exercising daily which can help you sleep better at night time.
you should talk to your GP doctor about your sleep problems.
medications like Ambien CR which is a continuous release ambien which could help your sleep.
medications like melatonin could help.
avoid taking naps during the day.
you might benefit from yoga or stretching before bed time to help you relax more and get better sleep at night time.
you might need a sleep study to check for other medical problems which could be affecting your sleep at night time.
how old are you?
have you talked to your GP doctor about this?