Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I was wondering if you could help I have a 7 week old baby

Customer Question

I was wondering if you could help I have a 7 week old baby and I think he has lactose intolerance, his symptoms are;
Green liquid diarrhoea
Very unsettled when feeding
Rash on his face
Constant bad wind
I have tried two different milks but he is still the same I have an appointment tonight with doctor but I wanted some advice now as I hate seeing him like this.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
Lactose intolerance certainly is a problem that needs to be strongly considered and lactose free milk is available which should be tried.
Have you tried giving him lactose-free milk to see if that helps?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hiya and thank you for getting back to me I have not tried it yet but would it be okay for me to just put him on it and see what he is like?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yes it would be absolutely fine to put him on it.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) when you are done as that is the only way I am credited on here by the website.Kind regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
What is your blood glucose level like now?I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options as that is the only way that I am credited on here for helping you out.Kind regards