Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My husband was treated they said they put a

Customer Question

My husband was treated for gallbladder they said they put a balloon in then said it deflated then they never put it in then said after ten days said it is his liver how did they not see this with all the test he had done like ct Miri scan
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It is possible that the studies showed liver dysfunction and also suggested that it was secondary to gallbladder disease, so they first addressed the gallbladder. After addressing the gallbladder, if it becomes apparent that the gallbladder was not the cause of the liver dysfunction, then they would have to reassess whether the liver dysfunction was actually a pri***** *****ver disease all along.
I can make a better comment if you can provide the results of the various blood and imaging studies of the liver and gallbladder. Can you attach these reports?
I had asked for the results of the various studies and have not heard back.
Without having the results, the best that can be said is that it is most likely that the initial studies showed liver disease that was thought to be secondary to gallbladder disease, but as it became apparent that the gallbladder was not the cause of the liver dysfunction, they decided that it is more likely that there is a pri***** *****ver disease present.
If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.