Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have pain in my left lower abdomen when I press on it. it

I have pain in my left lower abdomen when I press on it.
it feels very sore/tender.
it came on a couple of days ago and is still there
im 26 years old
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your question. Where exactly in the lower abdomen? Do you have any other symptoms such as nausea, change in bowel habits, or fever? Do you suffer from any medical condition or take any daily medications? Did you consult your doctor, where any investigations done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have seen doctors before about stomach aches and they told me I may have I.b.s
but this pain is different and feels very sore when I press it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is lower left abdomen
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your reply. Did your doctors do any investigations previously?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no...
They ha ve felt for any abnormalities
thats about it and they said it felt p.k but that was 2 weeks ago before I had this psin
ive allways suffetrd from I.b.s like symptoms.
they gave me meveberine once which did help
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, I am asking this since before diagnosing IBS certain conditions need to be ruled out by your doctor by investigations. One of the condition causing such persistent severe pain is diverticulitis, hence please go to the emergency and get yourself examined. Since this time the pain is severe and also because it is different you need to consult your doctor. This infection and inflammation of diverticulitis needs to be treated as soon as possible to prevent complications. You may use paracetamol to treat the pain. But getting proper treatment such as antibiotics from your doctor is definitely indicated in your case. Take care. Please rate the answer with a five star positive rating. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
o.k thanks
is this symptoms of cancer?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, No these are not the symptoms of cancer which would have caused bleeding in the stools, with weakness and weight loss. Hence please do not worry. But do get this examined by your doctor now. Thanks. Please rate the answer with five stars. Take care.