Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Blood in seaman during intercourse

blood in seaman during intercourse
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
Blood in the semen (hematospermia) is usually not something to worry about in the vast majority of the cases as it is very commonly due to an injury to the tiny blood vessels.
However, having said that, as a rule, any person who has blood in the semen must be seen and tested to rule out any infection among other things to be sure we do not miss anything.
So I would definitely recommend that you be seen to rule out a possible infection for which you will require a course of an antibiotic.
However, this is usually not something serious.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at your end before you leave as that is the only way I am credited on here.