Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My daughter has had a lumber puncture last Thursday to deal

My daughter has had a lumber puncture last Thursday to deal with high pressure as she has iih, which she is taking medication for to lower the fluid in her spine, I would like to know if she should carry, on taking this medication, as she cannot sit up with out pain in her head, because where they gave her the LP looks like a dart board, and obviously is still leaking?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear about your daughter..Can you please enumerate the medications that she has been prescribed?Also mention her age.Please let me know.Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It acetazolamide and she is 28
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
250mg twice a day.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
She should definitely continue taking this medication, particularly if this is helping her with her headache.The place at the back where her LP was done must be seen by her doctor again, if, like you mention it is still leaking as it may cause an infection inside her CSF which can potentially have serious complications.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) when you are done asking.Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome.Wish you all the best.If you ever have more questions do let me know.I am here dailyTake careGood bye :)