DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

A friend of mine has gonerea. I had protected sex with him

A friend of mine has gonerea. I had protected sex with him but i do not know if i contact it through him. any drug you can recommend in case i contacted it
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Most likely you will not contact gonorrhea if you wore a condomIt is unlikely but possibleIn case you did, the treatment isceftriaxone 1 gram injection into the muscle PLUS 1 gram of azithromycin
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HIThe epidemology research on the rate of infection by gonorrhea is not clear, some showing high protection and some showing little protection.In addition, you do not necessarily have to get a shot.Your doctor needs to decide what regiment you need but alternatives are, according to the CDCCeftriaxone 250 mg in an intramuscular doseandAzithromycin 1 g orally in one doseORDoxycycline 100 mg orally twice a day for 7 days Other regimens.If ceftriaxone is not available:Cefixime 400 mg in a single oral doseandAzithromycin 1 g orally in a single dose or doxycycline 100 mg orally twice daily for 7 days*andTest-of-cure in 1 weekIf the patient has severe cephalosporin allergy:Azithromycin, taking 2 g in a single oral doseandTest-of-cure in 1 week In addition, since chlamydia is often a co infection, this must be considered. Also, people are not always symptomatic.You should see your doctor about this, and possible testing, regardless. Good luck.I am Dr. ThomasDouble board certified US doctor.Fine me by request anytime for correct, up to standard, comprehensive and concise answers.Please click a positive rating on my answer page here, the scale is at the top.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiPlease note an update to CDC recomendationsCefixime 400 mg orally in a single doseandAzithromycin 1 g orally in a single dose
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
There are some other variations are now.Here is a good talk on this.http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/768883
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
So there are options if needed, they have diminished over the last 5 years due to resistance.The link I gave you containes the 2015 guidelines [new].
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
For example, azithromycin can be substituted with 7 days of doxycicline.In any case, find me as needed.let me know how it goes.dt
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
In addition, you do not have to undergo empiric [best guess] treatment. If you test positive at any point and have any discharge sent to the lab drug sensitivities can also be checked.Good luck again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your information.
can you recommend a site or method
so that ii can order the Cefixime 400 mg plus the Azithromycin 1g?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
NoIn fact, in the US that is illegal.And, there is no reason for self treatment, as this is dangerous.Antibiotics can be dangerous unless used per diagnosis.In addition, any regiment must be tailored to you and your medical situation.These a prescription drugs and require prescription.In addition, the first regiment is preferred if you don't have a culture and sensitivity, unless the ceftriaxone is unavailable.Finally, never order prescription drugs off a web site [non US] that would claim to send you such drugs.This would be unreliable [won't be the drug] and potentially dangerous [the wrong drug].I suggest you discuss your current concerns with an internal medicine doctor in person, as we cover all adult specialties, and are trained in them.