Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have constant tingling in my scrotum/testicles last

I have constant tingling in my scrotum/testicles for the last 6 days. No other genital symptoms. I went to my GP. He took a urine sample and did one of those dip stick checks...he saw nothing worrisome. What could this be? it is very troubling
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This is not likely infection related.Tingling sensation is nerve related.This can be due to the nerve irritation at the lower back or groin region.Sacral nerves supply the scrotum.Hence, the problem likely lies in the spine.Lower spine exercises should help.Also Warm compress and ice pack will help.Please consider physical therapy as that will help to strengthen the back muscles and also traction to release pressure on the nerves.Prescription medication like Gabapentin and tramadol can be tried for symptom control.Please go to this link for lower back exercises:http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00302&webid=26DBE25FBest wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Dr Basu. Just one clarification - should the warm compress / ice pack be for the scrotum or lower back?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
For both --alternately 5-10 minutes each. Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanking you.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
very welcome