Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor ( General Medicine)
9385906

Good morning. I am taking sertraline 100mg since February

Good morning.
I am taking sertraline 100mg since February and I put on almost 13 kg. I want to lose weight, so I thought of taking Bootea Detox to help me with my weight issues.
Does this tea have any interaction with sertraline? What natural medicines should I avoid while on it.
Thanks a lot!
Aline.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 1 year ago.
Greetings.Welcome to the site.As such there may not be any direct interaction between Bootea detox and sertraline but since the Bootea bedtime cleanse acts as a laxative and may at times irritate the intestinal flora so using it with sertraline at night which too has the capacity to cause gastrointestinal symptoms like indigestion, diarrhea or constipation, pain and abdomen, so the concomitant use of these two may affect the digestive system and may lead to irritability of bowel and /or mild cramping and loose stools.So as a precaution if you have been taking sertraline in the night, then you may have to shift it's time of intake to the morning since use of the same with night time Bootea cleanse may lead to above mentioned complaints. But since the day time detox has no such laxative property, so using sertraline in the morning with it shall not yield any harmful effects on the bowel or digestive system. As far as other natural medicines are concerned it is safe to use with them, however make sure that while using Bootea detox you keep yourself well hydrated by taking electrolyte rich drinks but avoiding excessive caffeine and sugar containing drinks. I hope this makes sense.Wish you all the best.Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer. Regards. The
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your reply! That cleared all my questions!
Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.Regards