Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Have had pain in right knee and hip/lower back but

have had pain in right knee and hip/lower back for months but it has now moved up to my right shoulder area. would like to know what the problem is.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
these knee and hip and shoulder pains could be due to arthritis inflammation of the joints at these locations.
as we get older, arthritis is more common.
arthritis joint inflammation can get worse with cold weather and with weather changes.
overuse of the joints from heavy lifting can cause tendonitis or bursitis inflammation in the joints as well.
a pinched nerve in your neck or upper back can cause pain to radiate to the legs or arms.
sometimes gout disease can cause uric acid build up in joints and in your fingers and toes to cause gout flair up pains. blood tests and joint aspiration looking for uric acid can check for gout
xrays of the knee and hip and shoulder can look for arthritis changes
MRI scans of these joints can look for tendonitis and bursitis and other problems
I would talk to your GP doctor about these issues and tests
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com