DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am 36 years old and am 10 weeks plus 2 days pregnant and

I am 36 years old and am 10 weeks plus 2 days pregnant and am worried about the possibility of a missed miscarriage/other miscarriage. I saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks plus two days and everything was "as it should be" according to the somorgrapher, and my hcg and progesterone levels were fine. However I am really worried. I previously had a miscarriage at 5 weeks in 2012, and had fertility (ICSI) treatment for the beautiful 2 year old daughter we now have, because my husband has low sperm motility, count and poor sperm morphology. However this pregnancy was a (very welcome) surprise as we didn't think I could conceive naturally. I am worried that there will be something wrong with the baby and more probably that I will miscarry or have done so already. I have had achy breasts which are now becoming less achy and I have been feeling very tired- less so today but perhaps that is because I have had a little more sleep. But I'm worried I have miscarried because I was ill with a chest infection last week for 2 days and had a tummy bug yesterday. I have light, clear discharge but have had that throughout. I am not drinking (although I did unt I found out that I was pregnant at 4 weeks; I don't smoke and although I am overweight o eat healthily. Do I need to worry?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloI see nothing in your description that indicates any warning about miscarriage.In fact, there is no reason at all that I can see.This appears to be anxiety, which does not help the situation.I would suggest that you get cognitive behavioral therapy now, from a good clinical psychologist.This will help you and the baby.And, stress can be associated with miscarriage, so you will be helping to prevent that as well. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.