Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I've had a bit of a cold lately (sore throat, slight headache

I've had a bit of a cold lately (sore throat, slight headache and all that). I'm on the pill and I've been on it for years and my period has always been regular! However this month I missed my period and only had very light spotting. Not only that but in the last 2 days my left nipple has become extremely itchy!!! It's impossible I'm pregnant because I'm in a long distance relationship and haven't seen my partner in months. What's wrong with me?!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
having a cold and viral infection can cause your body to be stressed and cause you to miss a period.
viral infection and cold weather can cause dry skin and itchy nipple as well.
you are not pregnant if you have been taking your birth control pill and not having sex.
stress on your body, viral infection, strenuous exercise can all cause you to miss your period.
I would not stress about being pregnant.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com