Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I've had a case of vaginal thrush that is difficult to

Hi, I've had a case of vaginal thrush that is difficult to clear for the last week or so. No itching, just discharge. but yesterday and today have been experiencing feelings on hi anxiety, like I'm having a panic attack. Work has been very stressful lately, I'm on prescribed propanolol but I am overweight and there is a history of diabetes in the family. Haven't been able to sleep all night. Thanks Dawn
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Just want to be sure, you mentioned "experiencing feelings of hi anxiety", I presume you mean HIV anxiety? Am I right?Please let me know.Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I meant high anxiety, that swooping feeling you get when you are on a rollercoaster
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Accompanied by a cold feeling
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I understand your concerns and I know that it can be tough to deal with such situations at times.
Can you please let me know what kind of medications have you used till now to help with your thrush?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used a pessary and on a separate occasion an oral tablet, the cottage cheese discharge did disappear but then I got a sticky discharge. Feeling a bit jittery now
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I think that you need to continue using the pessary or over-the-counter gynodaktarin (miconazole vaginal application) for a few days i.e. three to five days, regularly to help cure your infection.
If your symptoms persist then I would recommend that you be seen as there me be another added infection such as bacterial vaginosis, that could be the cause of your symptoms which would, obviously, require a course of an antibiotic, either topical or oral.
This is most likely nothing to worry about.
Just relax.
These infections are extremely common.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at your end when you are done asking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But what about the panicky feelings? Could it be stress related? Am very aware of my heartbeat even though I'm on beta blockers
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Panicky feeling is definitely stress related.
I think that you could be having very high stress or what is called as a panic attack.
I also think that you need to be on something like cipralex (escitalopram) or citalopram to help with your anxiety in addition to the beta blockers.
I would appreciate it if you could rate me before we proceed as that is the only way I am credited on here.
Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure, thank you very much for your help :-)
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome.
Wish you all the best.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here.
Kindest regards