DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

We have a 40 year old daughter/ mother of 2 boys. Father walked

Customer Question

We have a 40 year old daughter/ mother of 2 boys. Father walked out on her after physical abuse taking the elder child.She has separated but no divorce despite our offer at the time.She is being treated for depression and constantly asks for money and we know she has accessed our account and a relatives for funds. She has just completed community service for sons truancy but he is well looked after.She is unemployed
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to just answer, question and answer site.
What is your medical question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
After paying once my e mail was not accepted saying it has been used before ,yes thats me forgot password, are you asking for a second payment ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HINoI asked you what your current question is
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already presented it, got asked to pay and have done at paypal ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
This question is already set up.
You have reached an expert.
Expert's have nothing to do with money matters.
You described a situation
There was no question asked.
I understand the situation.
What is your question about it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We would like to understand her problem and deal with it because it is getting out of hand and causing great distress, thank you
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
The problem as I see it is that you are trying to fix a 40 year old.
She rather needs professional help.
I understand that she is being treated for depression, but the question there: is the treatment effective.
Simply taking medications for depression does not address many aspects of depression and anxiety.
Nor does it at all help diagnoses such as personality disorder.
Which, she well might have.
She should be working with a clinical psychologist for a comprehensive diagnosed [4 levels] and therapy.
As you are intimately affected by the situation, family therapy would also be very useful. First, for you and your wife, and your your daughter if she is willing to participate.
As difficult as the situation is, what you are doing, in fact, might not be helping.
Professional guidance for everyone is probably indicated.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks ,I understand that our voices may not be helping, we are usually angry she brought us to being nearly broke and she is affecting her grandmothers life at the age of 93. We live in france and will be there in 12 days, what do you suggest our first move should be bearing in mind the threat to her that we reveal to the bank who has been removing funds.She looks after her son well and , thank you
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I would immediately contact a family therapist.Your doctor should have some idea of who that is, if not, i would start looking. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.