Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have found a small hard lump on the left hand side of my

Customer Question

I have found a small hard lump on the left hand side of my neck after having small twinges in the same location for the past couple of weeks. How can I tell if this is serious? x
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
small hard lump on the neck most likely is an ingrown hair follicle or a skin subaceous cyst.
it sounds like you are quite anxious.
anxiety can cause benign fasciculation and twitching of muscles and nerves close to the skin.
you can show this hard lump to your GP doctor to be sure
but I bet your doctor will say it is a ingrown hair follicle or a subaceous cyst or a skin cyst.
would you like to upload a photo of the hard lump for me to look at
here are instructions.
type a word in the textbox and highlight it
then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg
this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert