Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I'm a personal trainer and nutritionist, and I'm piling weight

Customer Question

I'm a personal trainer and nutritionist, and I'm piling weight on. Not muscle from my training good old fashioned fat. I've never been light light, but I just can't seem to stop this. I've thrown on 10lbs in a super short time, I'm tired and worried. I can't do anymore training, eat any better etc. I'm not pregnant I'm on the contraceptive implant for the past 18mths. Any ideas?????
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for query,You should get your Thyroid function test and hormonal profile including estrogen, testosterone and progesterone levels. Mostly hormonal imbalance and hypothyroidism can result in such symptoms and the treatment is to treat the deficient hormone.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there thank you for your reply...... I've been tested for this (thyroid) in the past but it came back normal but I know the parameters can be far apart. Plus doctors don't like handing out thyroxine do they as it is expensive. I know this from working with clients etc. Is there anything a parts from taking a kelp supplement I can do myself? I will ring the doctors and get an appointment. Thank you again x
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
You can take any multivitamins preparations , increase caffeine and fluids intake. But again your hormone levels should be checked.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I've booked an appointment
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
All the best.