Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Fact: arthritis in both knees,one more advanced than the other Symptons:

Fact: arthritis in both knees,one more advanced than the other
Symptons: Accute muscle pain in both legs,varying in intensity ,sometimes in the upper legs others in the lower part., shifting from day to day, sometimes even no pain in one leg others in the other alternatively in both legs at the same time when I wals. Neither when I sit, lie or swim. After sitting for a while I get quite stiff and I dare not getting up suddenly but slowly.
Can all these symptond be due to arthritis in the knees or could there be a rheumatic condition in both legs? I have seen many doctors but they only concentrate on a new knee joint for which I feel to be too old. Otherwise I am in good health.
Any suggestions and / or advice?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Arthritis of the knee joints is the major contributing factor to your symptoms.However you likely have nerve compression problem as well at the knees.That can cause muscle weakness and stiffness during sitting.That can take a while to subside with leg movement.Lower spine arthritis can also can nerve compression supplying your legs.Physical therapy should be considered to improve the mobility as well as the muscle strength over time.That may prevent knee surgeries as well.Intra articular steroid injection in the knee joints should be considered to reduce inflammation as well.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/