Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

When I buy a new pair of trousers from a shop I NEVER

Customer Question

Hi, When I buy a new pair of trousers from a shop I NEVER wash them before I first wear them, and I have also bought secondhand trousers and clothes in the past and never washed them. I am worried that I could have contracted HIV through this. I do have
OCD around HIV and part of my treatment is CBT, which I do on my own, today I put on a pair of trousers and they could be new or secondhand and I have not washed them before I am keeping them on as part of my CBT treatment. But I am panicking that I may have
caught HIV because of this. Help me please.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for query,HIV does not transmit by this route, so do not get worried you have no risk of contracting HIV by wearing these trousers. Relax.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dr I have had several other situations where I have had to fight these anxieties. I bought something in a shop and as the man was passing the box to me I cut my hand on the box, if the man did the same before me could I get HIV, also I tried a pair of earrings on the shop allowed me too, but afterwards I thought if they allowed someone else before me could I contract HIV? I have to fight all these anxieties and I am worn out, I am just trying to be normal.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the reply.None of these events are related to the spread of infection. In spite of telling yourself which events can not cause HIV, you should only know what can. Contact with fresh blood on a raw or cut surface, hollow needle pricks, sexual intercourse with an HIV infected individual are the most common causes of HIV transmission. Clothing, earrings, shaking hands, drinking water in the same glass etc. can not transmit HIV.Please do leave a positive rating for the service. Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for late reply, but problems with my computer. Thankyou for your answer, before I rate you, please could you answer this last worry. The clothes does that include underwear ( pants Knickers etc) when I buy them I have never washed them first, I have bought them from the shop and worn them without washing them first. If their is any vaginal fluid from someone else trying them on and then I wear them without washing first is this a source of infection of HIV?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi,No, such contact does not transit HIV or any other viral infection. There is zero chance of spread. Rest assured. Please do rate the answer. Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou what if there is blood or body fluid on a door handle then after touching the handle I scratch myself with the same and and I bleed, would the blood on the door handle get into my fresh cut?
Rate 5 stars doctor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please answer me Dr
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you require moreoney Dr ?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, You need to click the stars to rate the answer above. Your previous expert in not online now. Do you want me to answer your question? Thanks.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes in that case blood can come in contact with your blood stream.
Please do leave a positive rating. Best
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, does that mean I need testing.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Your expert has opted out. What is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just that I would like to know if I need HIV testing, I ripped my finger on a staple pin, which was on a piece of paper my builder gave me, if he had done the same and ripped his finger before me, could I be infected with HIV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I get an answer
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please accept additional services offer so that I can give you further answers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your question. Which medication are you taking for the treatment of OCD?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Fluvoximine and Quetapine. My daughter has a cactus plants in her bedroom and all her friends are in there. I pricked my finger on the plant, if her friends had done the same can this cause HIV infection,
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 12 months ago.
Dear customer, No this won't cause HIV. Please do not worry or get stressed about such thoughts. There has never been such a case. Also medically speaking this is not possible. Take care. Please rate the answer with a five star rating. Thanks.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
What about a cat scratch? My cat has been to the vets and he may have scratch th or someone in the street with HIV am I at risk from getting HIV?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
And I bought some toenail clippers
from the pharmacy and I cut my skin clipping my nails and it was bleeding a lot if someone had used these and bought them back to the pharmacy is this a risk of HIV ?
Help
Dear customer, Thanks for asking another question. Please rate my previous answer with 5 stars so that I may be able to answer your next question and decrease your anxiety. Thanks.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have rated 5 stars, I hope you got it, I wonder if you could answer me ? My builder left a key for me with a piece of paper on it with a sharp staple on it, I pricked my finger on it, if he did the same before me and pricked his finger, could I be at risk from HIV?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
And also some blood on the door where I keep my underwear and towels, it could be from the builder. Am I at risk from HIV from this blood??
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
My cats have been to the vets and if they scratched the vet or nurse or someone in the street, then they scratched me, and also their claws have caught me in the eye, am I at risk from HIV infection?
Dear customer, I have not received the rating. Please rate before we continue with our discussion. Thanks.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Dear Dr Ravoof
I have gone to the top of the page and rated as you said I hope you have received this now?
I also add another concern about HIV, I have just received a letter through the post, the postman has just delivered it, I opened it straight away and there was a staple sticking out of the envelope from the letter and it pricked my finger, if the same had happened to the postman literary a second before is this a risk of HIV???
Dear customer, I have not received the rating. Please contact customer support or open a new question asking for me in the question title itself so that I will able to answer your question. Take care. Thanks.