DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Headache temple pain ear ache back pain shoulder pain neck

Customer Question

headache
temple pain
ear ache
back pain
shoulder pain
neck pain
eyes hot
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
You have given a list of symptoms.
You have not given any information: when did this start, is there fever, what is your medical history, etc. What does your doctor say, what meds are you on, etc.
If this is sudden onset, flu is very possible as it can have all of these symptoms.
If this is chronic, musculoskeletal disease with migraine is a possibility; spinal disease is a possibility; autoimmune disease.
I am guessing that this is a flu like virus and that it is acute.
If you start tamiflu within 48 hours this will shorten the course of the illness.
If you have not seen your doctor, I suggest you do that now.
If you are very sick, go to A&E.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed, in the medical catetory, for correct, safe and accurate answers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been feeling like this for the last 10 days and in the last couple of days feeling nausea with this. At the start of this all i also experienced smelling burnt toast at 4am one morning which woke me up, there obviously was no one cooking which is what has caused me concern. I have been to my doctors and they gave me no possibilities what it could be, they took my blood pressure and told me it was normal and i am currently waiting to get blood tests. In the meantime i do not no what to take to make me feel a bit better.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Your over the counter choices are limited.
paracetamal
ibuprofen
naprosyn which is the same type of medication.
Fluids, rest, etc.
Viral meningitis is a possibility here, which can be concnerning.
I therefore still suggest that you go to A$E
Flu should start getting better at 10 days.
if you feel no better, another type of infection must be ruled out.
A&E can also check on your labs.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
If you have no further questions, please click a positive on the rating scale. That is the only way we are paid by just answer, per positive rating, for bonuses, and for additional service offers accepted.
Come back as needed after that and let me know how it goes.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
OK
Can you tell me
What makes the headache worse
What does it feel like?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing makes them worse it is just there all the time at the front of the head around my temples and eyes, my temples are feel sore and my eyes feel hot
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
can you tell me what you are doing over allHow are you reactingWhat level of activity, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is not a pounding headache, it is a dull constant headache but temples are very sore etc, i am still active, but finding i am getting tired earlier in the evenings, i can generally sleep too, but the last 2-3 of days i have felt nausea and dizzy and thirsty
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
What makes any of these symptoms worseWhat makes them betterAnything you do, in other words, any environment, any action, food, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can't think of anything that makes it worse, i went out this morning and my headache seem to get lighter but overall i'm always feeling the same
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
So outdoors is better?Or moving around?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
seems to be
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
What seems to bePlease be very specfic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i was outside this morning my headache appeared to get better.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
so from open air
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
OkI'll do a stage one analysis then be back for questions for stage 2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Tell me about the eyes feeling hotCan you give a description....as if.......etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both of my eyes are feeling hot inside , when i blink they feel achey
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
can you give me an as if....or simiilar to....or like this....description
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I'm honest i don't know how to describe apart from they just feel hot inside and ache when i blink.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
OKI'll be back
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Did anything happen before this started.Did it start on one side first?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
After those questions are answered, tell me about the ear pain
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot recollect anything which has started this, my headache has always been across the forehead and both eyes, i will say my left temple feels more sensitive than my right temple. my left ear has also been popping as if i am in an aeroplane and i feel thirsty in the last two days more than usual.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
How did this start. What else happened at the time.Did it start on one side or the other.Tell me about the ear pain.How is the mood.Anything else that is unique?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I am still here awaiting your answers
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I still have not heard back from you.
So far, the best analysis yield pulsitilla.
You can use a 30X or 30 C potency.
Take it under the tongue every hour until improvement, then as needed.
Up to 8 doses.
If it is not working after 5, not the right remedy.
Also, all of my previous concerns and recommendations stand.