Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My husband has high calcium levels in blood test GP has advised

My husband has high calcium levels in blood test GP has advised going to the [email protected] today. How urgent do you think this is? My husband has been unwell for months he has raised glands but biggest problem has been mad itchy and tingling skin and great fatigue. What do you advise we do?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for query,As your husband is having high blood pressure and is symptomatic regarding increased calcium levels i would advise you should go to emergency to avoid hypercalcemia crisis as it is an acute emergency and can have serious consequences. So its always better to be on safe side, you should take him to A and E as soon as possible.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Best wishes for him.