Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Am I right to be worried as my 18 year old daughter is over

Am I right to be worried as my 18 year old daughter is over two days into her antibiotics drip and fluids in hospital in a renal ward after suffering with a urinary and then a kidney infection. She is also a celiac and the nurse told me her scan of kidneys showed an inflamed spleen. She is still throwing up every meal and has diarrhoea. The nurses are not concerned and she hasn't seen a doctor since Friday morning and won't see another one until Monday night!
Doesn't this look like a blood poisoning pneumococcal type thing to you? What can I say to whom though if this is the case?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
she should not be throwing up every meal
she can get IV zofran to help her nausea.
she should get a blood culture to see if there is infection in her blood.
I'm sure her doctors have tested her urine to know what type of infection is in her urine
to make sure the antibiotics they are using are the right ones for her infection.
ask her nurses if she had blood cultured performed
and if she had sensitivity and resistance panel performed on the urine culture to make sure the infection is being properly treated
ask for IV zofran treatment to help treat her nausea.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com