Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Am getting intermittent fleeting cramps style moments across

am getting intermittent fleeting cramps style moments across the middle of my chest. (am female 44. in good health. on Kepra. should i be doing anything about this? i noticed it yesterday, and again this morning.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Yes, new onset / atypical chest pain in anyone above 40 years of age warrants a visit to the Urgent Care or the A and E for an EKG to rule out angina or any acute coronary syndrome. Once, the EKG is clear and cardiac conditions ruled out attention can be laid on other causes like acid reflux, esophagitis, chest infections etc.But it is vital that you get an EKG done first to rule out any thing of serious concern.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Let me know if you have any further related queries.Best.