Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am a70 year old man, suffering from

,
I am a70 year old man, suffering from M.S ( 30 years),.
With the help of Viagra I am still able to have sex,but it has been suggested that I should have a Supapubic catheter fitted.
Will I still beable to have normal sex?
Many thanks.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Yes you can still have sex without problem.The catheter will be out of your lower stomach just above the pubic bone and an be taped to the stomach wall without problem.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am another expert here.need for a suprapubic catheter is often from enlargement of your prostate gland causing you outflow obstruction of your urine.an enlarged prostate gland can block how your urine can flow out of your penis.a TURP or transurethral resection of prostate tissue can help enlarge the urethral canal to help urine flow out easiermedication like cialis 5mg daily can help shrink your prostate gland as well if your prostate is enlarged and also help you have erections.so cialis could help kill 2 birds with one stonelet me know if you have other questions.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Yes you can still have sex without problem.
The catheter will be out of your lower stomach just above the pubic bone and an be taped to the stomach wall without problem.
Your problem is MS related.
Prostate surgery or cialis daily will not resolve he urination problem.
So I disagree with the other expert's opinion on your problem.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Daviddo you have any other questions? cialis is approved for BPH benign prostate hypertrophy and can help shrink the prostate over time which could help your urination symptoms.another option is urinary straight catheterization to empty your bladder 3-4 times a day which can help you empty your bladder without a suprapubic catheter.have you used a straight red rubber catheter before?
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician