Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

On Sat 28 Nov at around 3pm, I had the Depo Provera injection

On Sat 28 Nov at around 3pm, I had the Depo Provera injection (my last period was on 17 Nov). On Sat 5 Dec, I had unprotected sex at around 5pm. My partner is a bit worried that I may not be covered by the injection as it was just a couple of hours past the 7 days you're supposed to avoid unprotected sex. Can I just ask am I covered or should I have the emergency pill just in case?
Steph
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi Steph,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.You are fully covered by the depo shot by that time.This is an injection not oral intake.So no problem with absorption etc.Hence, depo is fully active.Do not worry.No need for any emergency pill.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/