Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have one tonsil larger than the other. I don't know if it's always been this w

I have one tonsil larger than the other. I don't know if it's always been this way but it has me very concerned. I always slight lymph node tenderness on my neck on the same side. It's not swollen it's just tender to the touch. I have no pain. No cough. No sore throat. Nothing just one larger tonsil. Should I be concerned about this?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Tonsil can be enlarged one side more than other even normally --the difference is not that much.Chronic allergies, viral infection, even bacterial infection can cause this commonly.The tenderness of lymph nodes also can be due to the infection or allergy related.This is not cancer related as it is not common at your age group and you do not have any significantly big lump or big painless lymph nodes.Cancerous growths are painless usually.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I've also had a few night sweats but not drenching
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
few night sweats is not concerning.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/