Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  MBBS,MD (USA)Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
23050427

Little toe. Had a cut of holiday (metal fell on it). Cleaned

Little toe. Had a cut of holiday (metal fell on it). Cleaned it at time and covered it, but was wearing flip flops and it was rainy. Now back, little toe is inflamed (painful in shoe yesterday evening and throbbing now). History of gout in family so little worried. Don't want infection to spread. Any advice?
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.
hi there,i am online and will be happy to answer your questions.sorry to hear about your problem. can you please attach a picture of this ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attached
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.
thank you for picture.1. dont worry about gout with this . its totally different thing. joint pain. this is soft tissue infection.2. there is some redness, but no obvious pus points, hopefully will get better over next few days.3. try using bactroban / polyfax ( topical antibiotics ) to prevent spread of infection.4. keep area very clean.5. consult your primary doctor if this worsens over next 2-3 days. i hope this answers your query. please let me know if you have any questions/ i should provide clarifications. thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brilliant. Thanks.
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.
you are very welcomeI am here to help you and I wish you best health,if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box.we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask anytime.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drhashmimd/?rpt=3800