Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am on tambocor 50 mg 5a day and I can't get them in my area

I am on tambocor 50 mg 5a day and I can't get them in my area wich is st Ives Cornwall .there is no other for. Me to take can you help
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Are you not able to get the medicine because your doctor has stopped prescribing it or because the pharmacy cannot get the medicine?
If the latter, did the local pharmacy say why the medicine is not available?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pharmacy can't get it and my doctor told me to try different pharmacys.i have been on it for 12years .i have palpations .
Without knowing why the pharmacy cannot get the drug, it is difficult to give a complete answer.
I can find no evidence of a Tambocor shortage in the US or the UK, although I only have complete access to information about shortages in the US.
If the problem is related to a distribution problem affecting the local pharmacy, then it would be reasonable to seek the medicine from an online pharmacy. You will need to send a prescription to the online pharmacy, but your doctor can send it electronically to speed the process.
You should only use registered pharmacies, and there is a logo that verifies that a pharmacy is registered. For example, an online pharmacy for the UK is at https://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/ and the registration logo is towards the bottom of the web page.
If necessary, you can use an online search engine that can list other registered pharmacies by following the link at http://www.pharmacyregulation.org/registration/internet-pharmacy.
At this point, it would be best for you to contact one of these online pharmacies and see if the prescription can be obtained in this manner.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Please let me know if I can provide any additional assistance.