Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Good evening Doctor You have a cold your nose is blocked and

Customer Question

Good evening Doctor
You have a cold your nose is blocked and pulsating with mucus running down your nose and into your mouth.You start to cough and if the cough continues your throat goes into a spasm and you cant breathe very frighting whilst you are trying to catch your breath. please can you help have you any suggestions.
Mike Bradley on behalf of my wife Barbara
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Sorry to hear about the symptoms your wife has been experiencing.This suggests severe sinus inflammation and airway inflammation.Viral infection is the common cause.However bacterial infection also possible.You have tried some medications without much response.However you can try a decongestant like pseudoephedrine 60 mg every 6 hours to help with the congestion.The coughing may respond to a cough suppressant like dextromethorphan containing cough syrup.Your wife should also see her doctor for a clinical evaluation if above two medications donot help at all. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am another expert here.you and your wife should see a doctor and get evaluated.you need a sputum culture to check for infection in the sputum. if there is bacteria in the sputum, you will need a course of antibiotics.you need a chest xray to check for pneumonia.you might need bronchodilators like albuterol to help open up your lungs and help you breath better.you don't want infections to get worse and land you in the hosptialbest to see a doctor and get sputum cultures and chest xrays and prescription medications to help you and your wife to start to feel betterlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com