Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Four days ago I dropped a penknife which ended up in my lower

Customer Question

Four days ago I dropped a penknife which ended up in my lower leg. I cleaned the wound and covered it with a plaster. The bleeding stopped but there was a clear, odourless discharge which has continued since the accident at about a soaked sock per day.
Should I: treat this as normal-ish, need attention, or panic.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
Clear discharge usually does not mean anything and should settle in another few days time.
Meanwhile you should regularly change the dressing of the wound and apply an antibiotic cream or ointment which are available over-the-counter.
If your condition persists or worsens or the wound is not healing over the next few days then you must have it seen by your doctor.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards