DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Chronic sharp lower back pain in the L5-3 rapid onset first

chronic sharp lower back pain in the L5-3 rapid onset first thing this morning, taken co-codamol and nuromol no effect
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis could be a slipped disc.It needs evaluation.When over the counter pain meds and rest do not work, it can be a more serious problemAs your question reads, this is an acute flair of a chronic problem .It needs to be structurally assessed.Left untreated [usually physical therapy to start] this can result in surgery...if neglected. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thanksI am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers. Don't forget to see my additional services offer for more information.