Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Seven years ago I had glandular fever. When I had this, I had

Customer Question

Seven years ago I had glandular fever. When I had this, I had significant periorbital cellulitis. Since then, I have had occasional bouts of fatigue which myself and Doctors always put down to my viral history, with blood tests showing thyroid function Etc to be fine. Occasional ferritin deficiencies would show but not much else.
Fast forward to now and I am now experiencing this fatigue on a weekly basis and getting to the point where I cannot function (to the extent where I can't pick up a heavy bottle of water) roughly twice a month. It always has the same pattern and is accompanied by swelling of my eyelids. Since my periorbital cellulitis I also am prone to cellulitis in my legs after small cuts or bites.
Alongside this, I also have joint pain in my toes on one foot (podiatrist referral was made and he has created orthotics but said he is concerned it's part of a wider joint issue) and have begun to get twinges in the joints in my fingers.
I also get pains behind my knees and elbows, mostly at night, about once a month or so which are more of an ache-similar to a headache but in those places.
I also have varicose veins in my
Leg-I am 27.
Previous doctors have suggested hypermobility disorders or post viral fatigue but I've just moved to a new doctor and she doesn't think it's anything to be concerned about. I got the impression she thinks I may be ok as when I went in to discuss it I was having a good day.
Am I worrying unnecessarily or could there be a reason for my symptoms that warrants further investigation?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Any other medical issues
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just that I had the LLETZ procedure done after CIN2 was found on my cervix about two years ago. I don't seem to have any ongoing related symptoms to this. No other symptoms, the fatigue, joint twinges and eyelid swelling are the main thing. Pic of eyelids attached. When I wake up like this I don't see an improvement unless I stay in bed all day and then by about 5pm I feel well enough to make dinner. This is happening two-three times a month so my absence record from work is high, and I really don't like having days off!
Has fibromyalgia or other autoimmune disorders been explored?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No nothing of this nature has been explored.
you need checked for lupus, rheumatoid and other autoimmune conditions right away.that is the first step
please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)
If you have more questions, just reply