Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

There . I'm not sure you can help me with any advice at

Customer Question

Hi There .
I'm not sure you can help me with any advice at all and I hope it's ok to e mail this question . Basically I have been worrying as a few weeks ago I accidently bathed my baby using a sponge I had previously used to clean the bathroom with . (It's very similar to her bathing sponge and I mixed them up in a hurry ) I worried as I previously used the sponge to clean with flash , napisan and cillit bang . I took my baby to be checked out at the hospital and they were happy with her but my worry is that because I had the sponge in the bath with her I'm concerned that she could have absorbed the chemicals into her girly bits and bottom and I worried I could of damaged the cells in her cervix if the water got in . Sorry if my question seems really odd it's just I read about chemicals triggering cancer cells and it's been on my mind ever since . Any advice would be really appreciated . Kind Regards .
Claire .
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
chemicals on the sponge would not be able to get up into the body and cervix.
they would not be a risk for your daughter.
don't let your anxiety get out of control with worry
you have brought her in to see doctors at the hospital already and they said she was fine
you don't have to worry about this exposure to this sponge
you might not want to read more about chemicals and cancer if it worsens your anxiety
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
thanks for accepting additional services
my contact information is below
when would you like to contact me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for getting back to me . I was so worried the chemicals may of disrupted cells down below . It's great to hear this isn't possible . She would have been sore down below wouldn't she if there was any contact with chemicals ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
the vaginal is a closed structure and water doesn't get inside unless something opens up the vagina.
so there is no way water or chemicals can get up inside.
chemicals would not cause her to be sore.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh really ? I was thinking if the chemicals got in her bath water from the sponge it would of been in contact with her skin and made it sore ? Also she was leaping about and kicking her legs about so I worry this may of caused her vagina to open up and the chemicals to get in to her cervix and body ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, leaping about won't cause her vagina to open up.
you are letting your anxiety and worries drive these questions.
you don't have to worry about this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you so much . Would it be the same for her bottom and uretha ? Just worried chemicals could have got in this way ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, it would be the same for both her bottom and urethra and vagina.chemicals would not be able to get in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thankyou . Do you think if there was any strong remnants of chemicals left on the sponge this would have shown up on her skin like a rash or soreness ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, strong chemicals would have caused a rash on the skin.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou for your reassurance I just really scared myself by what I read online about chemicals triggering cancer . This has been on my mind and I have been so worried .
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you are welcome
you don't have to worry
thanks for using JustAnswer.com