DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My 95-year-old mother was prescribed Venlafaxine

Customer Question

My 95-year-old mother was prescribed Venlafaxine for anxiety and panic disorder. She took 37.5 mg daily for 12 days, but then the drug was stopped because it was having bad side effects on her (muscle rigidity, confusion, agitation). How many days (roughly) before 37.5 mg a day of Venlafaxine, taken over 12 days, leaves the body to a sufficient extent for the side effects to reduce and disappear?
Given that she took the drug for only 12 days, and at only 37.5 mg daily, how long are the withdrawal symptoms likely to last?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloIt is out of the system in 3 to 5 days.No side effects should occur after this. It is not addicting and there should not be withdrawal, although the symptoms it was treating could get worse. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard back from you.
Please let me know if you have further questions.
See my additional services offer.
Please otherwise click a positive rating [that is the only way we get paid by just answer other than bonuses and add services offers accepted].
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the rating.
See my add services offer