Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I had a cold virus about 5 weeks ago a week,

Customer Question

I had a cold virus about 5 weeks ago for about a week, which went, then this week I have had underlining symptoms of sneezing, croaky voice, body aches as if I am fighting something, but the most worrying thing is I have a tension headache that came on quickly on Tuesday which feels like pressure / tightness in my head, which is with me all the time, I also have noticed that my heart seems to be beating faster at times like palpitations. I am 46 and think I am starting menopausal stages as well.
I do not normal suffer with headaches.
I am very tired all the time with this, but still able to work.
Can you advise
Maria
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
after a cold infection, the mucus and runny nose in your sinuses can get infected and cause you to have a bacterial sinus infection which can cause headaches and dizziness symptoms and post nasal drip and croaky voice.
you might need a course of antibiotics now like amoxicillin or azithromycin to clear your bacterial sinus infection to help your symptoms.
you should see a doctor or your GP to see if you might have a bacterial sinus infection.
you might need allergy pills like allegra (fexofenadine) or claritin or zyrtec and a steroid nasal spray if you are having allergies.
but I bet a course of antibiotics now will help clear up bacterial sinus infection.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com