Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have herpes simplex 2 and have an outbreak at moment it's

Customer Question

I have herpes simplex 2 and have an outbreak at moment it's my second time . I've read lysine and propolis supplements can help reduce future outbreaks . Can I take these supplements daily and would it be a good idea to take both daily ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
lysine and propolis are supplements which are not well studied to help reduce future outbreaks.
what is know to help prevent future outbreaks are antiviral medications like valtrex which is valcyclovir
also improving your immune system by exercising regularly and eating healthy and eating plenty of fruits and vegetables and getting plenty of rest and avoiding alcohol and smoking can help improve your immune system to suppress the herpes type 2 virus
the body's immune system is still very much a mystery and how best to improve it is very complex.
lysine is an amino acid and we get that naturally in our diets when we eat proteins and egg whites.
prop·o·lis is a red or brown resinous substance collected by honeybees from tree buds, used by them to fill crevices and to seal and varnish honeycombs
I would rather just eat egg whites and honey in your tea to help improve your diet
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com