Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I'm a 31 year old female and suffered

Hi I'm a 31 year old female and suffered for anxiety for the last 12 years. Since about 8 years ago I noticed I had a slight tic and muscle tension in my neck when feeling any emotions. It started at my grandmothers funeral. Since then it's come and gone but the last couple of years it's got worse. I can be ok one min and the next my hearts beating so fast and the adrenaline causes my neck and head to twitch which I can't control. This is very embarrsing and it's really starting to take it's toll and I feel like I'm always tense!! I hate feeling like this. My GP says it's anxiety and I'm on celtrapram. I get this also when u make eye contact with people in stressful situations ie, interviews seeing my GP. I also can't let my hairdresser go near my forehead with scissors as it starts me twitching. I'd be grateful for some advise as my confidence is at the lowest I've ever been.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Given the localized involvement sparing other body parts, this can be a tic or involuntary muscle movements.The cause is unknown. Anxiety and stress can worsen the symptoms.Medication treatment should be considered.A muscle relaxant like baclofen can be used.In more resistant cases, botox injection will be curative.You will need to consult with a neurologist.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/