Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

There, i had a miscarriage 4 days ago. had scan at hospital

Customer Question

hi there,
i had a miscarriage 4 days ago. had scan at hospital and confirmed almost total miscarriage was a little bit of tissue left to come out.
im still bleeding quite heavily is this normal? how long will this last?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for query,Bleeding containing clots and cramping can last upto 2 weeks, So it is normal but if it progresses with time like heavy bleeding after 2 weeks and severe cramps and fever occurs you must consult your doctor as these are signs of infection.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks, ***** ***** quite dizzy and disorietated could this be connected?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
These are signs of dehydration. you should check your blood pressure and if does not improve with taking fluids visit your doctor soon.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on strs on top right corner.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how much blood would be classed as heavy bleeding?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
heavy bleeding means if you soak two pads maximum per hour for two hours in a row.
Please do leave a positive rating.
Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
theres no where near that much so do you think its likely i dont have an infection?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.This kind of bleeding is normal after a miscarriage. Infection presents as fever of a high degree with chills and rigors and discharge of pus per vagina.So, this is not an infection. If you are bleeding fresh blood and are feeling dizzy and disoriented, I would suggest that you keep yourself well hydrated and if the bleeding becomes heavy and your blood pressure drops then you should see a doctor in the ER. In short, you should have a low threshold for going to the ER in this situation.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does a low threshold mean? sorry
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
It means that the moment you think your bleeding is getting worse, you should go to the ER to seek treatment and evaluation. Please leave a positive rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will leave a positive rating no problem... could i be feeling spaced out due to worry. ive been worried sick incase ive got an infection. can you die from one? i have anxiety problems
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Infections have signs - fever is one. Discharge of pus is another. You are feeling spaced out due to worry and because you just had a miscarriage. Feeling spaced out is not confirmatory of an infection.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks i just feel strange. so how long do you think the bleeding will last?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Should last about three to four weeks. Remember to leave a positive rating. Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its bright red is that normal aswell?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid you will have to leave a positive rating at this point or accept the additional services offer.
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
blood is bright red is that normal? also what causes infection?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.The colour does not make much of a difference. It is the amount that is coming out that is important. If it is coming out and soaking pads often then it is serious. If it is trivial bleeding then you need not worry and get some rest. Infection is caused by retained products of conception,Let me know if you have any other queries.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i was seen at hospital they said most tissue was out just about 1 cm and a half left but ive had more come out so think this has come out. my pads are not getting soaked so i must be ok?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes, indeed.
If this were serious you would have more bleeding and low blood pressure, rapid pulse, shortness of breath etc.
I think you are over thinking because of your anxiety.
I suggest that you try to relax and not let your anxiety take over.
Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks, ***** ***** check my blood pressure as i dont have a machine but it was checked at hospital and was fine ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Okay. That is great!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats good. what can i do for the disorietation feeling? thats whats frightening me. ive got a 8 month old to look after aswell
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
You need to drink a lot of water and oral hydration solutions. And take bed rest. It would be better to have someone help you around the house and with your chores for a few days.
Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks i obviously cant check my blood pressure what symptoms should i look out for in relation to this?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Lightheadedness
Confusion
Rapid pulse
Blacking out
Sweating on the forehead etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont really have them just feel strange and like im not quite here properly
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
There is no qualm in going to th ER to seek an opinion and for peace of mind.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you think it is definitely necessary?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
For peace of mind and to rule out anything sinister it is necessary and will be beneficial.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if it is sinister what could it be?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
I believe that we are going around in circles with this. I have already answered these queries. I would suggest that you get some rest instead of being overtly worried since that will increase your anxiety.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i understand im just trying to get my head around things. i just want to know what it could be