Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have pain down the upper left side of my body, the pain seems

I have pain down the upper left side of my body, the pain seems like it's coming from the bottom 3 or 4 ribs, the pain has been there for 2 weeks and has not eased as of yet. The pain is not extruciating but is there constantly
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for query,As you are suffering from chest pain and especially left sided chest pain should be evaluated in ER to rule out any cardiac issue so that anything serious can be avoided. I would suggest you should visit ER as soon as possible to have thorough examination and EKG. You can take omeprazole to reilieve stomach related pain.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not chest pain it's pain coming from my left side (under my arm))
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reply.Heart related pain can be referred to this area so its safe to rule out this, it can be musculoskeletal pain for which you can use ibuprofen along with local pain relief creams for massage and warm compresses can help.Please do leave a positive rating.Best Wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it normal to have had this pain for 2 weeks if it's muscular? How long can I expect to have this pain for?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reply,Muscular pain can last for 2 to 3 weeks but if does not respond to pain killers and progresses in intensity then you must get it examined to rule out any other cause.Let me know if you have more questions.Please do leave a positive rating.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I went to th hospital yesterday to get checked out, we carried out an ECG, Bloodwork & a chest X-ray all came back fine so the doctor presumed this was muscular, I'm still a little worried if this has anything to do with the pancreas, would that be possible with the symptoms I have or would I be in a lot more pain?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the reply.The pain, if originating due to pancreatitis would be extremely severe and constant. The abdomen would be distended and tense. Nausea and vomiting would be associated symptoms and there is mostly bowel obstruction / constipation as well. So, this is definitely not the pancreas.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best wishes.