Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

If you have unprotected sex, does that automatically mean youll

Customer Question

if you have unprotected sex, does that automatically mean youll contract an STI??
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, it is important that you should contact STI if you had unprotected sex with a stranger who's STI status you do not know. Let me know if you have questions, thank you.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloTo answer your actual question.No, it does not mean you will get an STD if you have sex with someone unprotected.They have to have an STDYou have to be susceptible.Each STD has a different rate of transmission.I am a double board certified US doctor.Please rate me positive...then I get paid.Ask me anything else you want: Dr. Thomas ....
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloAll active adults should get an HIV test once a year regardless.And, you should know the status of your partner.Even protected sex is not a full guarantee.I am a long term clinical expert in this area.Find me as needed in medical or on this post.Insist on DR. Thomas.
Read the STI guidelines, if you had at risk exposure or sexual intercourse you need to get tested, as many of the diseases do not give symptoms and damage is irreparable if delayed. Thank you.