Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

About 2 months ago on holiday in Spain my 4 year old daughter

Hi about 2 months ago on holiday in Spain my 4 year old daughter got bit on her foot, I only realised when I saw a red ring (about size of 10p piece) with bite in the middle, I out salon on it and it disappeared after a day...now I heard this type of bite could be related to Lymm disease and I'm worried....she suffered no other symptons other than the bite itself
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your question. This is less likely to cause Lyme disease since your daughter did not have the typical signs and symptoms of lyme disease. First of all she did not have a rash which can develop between 3 to 30 days after an infected tick bite, and appears as an expanding red area and it may sometimes clears in the center, forming a bull’s-eye pattern. Also there may be flu-like symptoms such as fever, chills, fatigue, body aches and a headache that may accompany the rash. Also you need to remember that only a small percentage and a minority of blacklegged tick bites leads to Lyme disease. Therefore you have no reason to worry. Take care. Please rate the answer by clicking five stars. Reply if you need any clarification. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help - - so its possible that a normal tick bite can still cause a ring with dot in middle I assume
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your reply. Yes this is possible. Take care.