Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have had a longstanding health problem coming up to nearly

Customer Question

I have had a longstanding health problem coming up to nearly three years. I have seen various doctors and have had numerous tests but haven't been diagnosed with anything yet , is there anything I can do to pin down a diagnosis and get my problem sorted. I have now been off work over three months and I'm really worried there's something majorly wrong with me
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Could you give details of the symptoms that you are having?
I had asked for details about the symptoms that you are having and have not heard back. Without knowledge of your symptoms, it is impossible to consider or suggest specific tests that can be done as part of the evaluation.
However, there is a general comment that would apply to any situation, which is that it may be helpful to be seen at a teaching hospital, which typically is affiliated with a medical school. One of the primary reasons why someone should be seen at a teaching hospital is when community specialists have been unable to diagnose a problem. The doctors at these hospitals have more experience in the evaluation of rare medical problems or unusual presentations of medical problems that are otherwise more common. These hospitals are also where new technology and applications of technology are being developed, so they may have some options for the evaluation that would not be available to a community doctor.
If you can provide details of the symptoms, then I can comment further.