Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am 52 yo woman with serious depression and

Hello. I am 52 yo woman with serious depression and anxiety?panic disorder. I have had many health issues recently that have raised my anxiety levels. Last 2 days I have felt unwell. fever and chills intermittantly feeling exhaustd and aches in joints
and muscles. No real cold symptoms as such maybe mildly blocked up and dry throat sometimes. I am very scared that i have something more sinister wrong. I had over the last 6 months 3 episodes of painful swollen lump in my armpit. Same armpit different places.
Doctor said they were infected sebacious cyst or hair follicle from shaving and they resolved within a week. Now I have no swellings but this intermittant fever which fluctuates between 35.5 and 38 deg. My anxiety is very high and i have doctors appointment
later in the week but of course am fearing lymphoma or leukaemia. I suffer terribly with health anxiety and at the moment am finding it really hard to cope. Be grateful for any sympathetic advice as i am struggling to function right now. Many thanks.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
I am a cancer doctor.
your symptoms are not from lymphoma or leukemia.
lymphoma would cause lymph nodes to grow and grow and grow until you go chemotherapy. lymphoma would not just get better on its own.
leukemia would cause abnormalities in your WBC white blood cell count.
I am glad your doctor examined your arm pit and say your lumps are from sebaceous cyst and ingrown hair follicles from shaving
you don't have to worry about these bumps close to the skin.
you need to talk to your doctor about treatment for your anxiety symptoms
there are medications like sertraline or paroxetine which over time can help decrease your anxiety
also diazepam and clonazepam can help decrease your anxiety symptoms as well.
talking to a psychotherapist regularly can help as well.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dr David. I appreciate you getting back to me quickly. Its really helpful that you think this is not likely these conditions. I have seen my doctor about anxiety, i think i need to visit again as i am not improving and have had some stressful life experiences of late. You are very kind and I will accept now. Jessica