Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I'm 17 and me and my boyfriend have sex quite often

Customer Question

Hello, I'm 17 and me and my boyfriend have sex quite often and it's mostly unprotected, we had unprotected sex a couple of weeks ago and I experienced an itching and painful feeling on the lips on my vagina, I spoke to my boyfriend about it and he said he had a red and dotty bellend. He got himself some cream and he was fine and lasted a few days, for me on the other hand it lasted a week. I thought it was thrush but it eventually went by itself. On Saturday we had unprotected again (but not the first time since the last experience) and I now have it again and so does he, I'm still suffering from it now but his has gone again. I was just wondering if you maybe could help me understand what could be going on? Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
any other medical issues?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope, I'm really stuck
have you considered getting tested for an STD?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I've only ever done stuff with him and he's only had sex over a year ago with another girl
I can't tell you how many times I have heard that. I'm not trying to be mean but that wouldn't be the first time someone said that an STD wasn't possible and sure enough one turned upGet tested.ASAP
please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)
If you have more questions, just reply