Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I Have very bad pain in my bottom sending pains down both

I Have very bad pain in my bottom sending pains down both legs.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for query,This seems like an impinged nerve possibly in the lower lumbosacral spine, the area responsible for supplying the legs, the thighs and hip area's sensations. Nerve impingements can be due to compression of the nerve in the vertebra where they leave the spine or under any muscle or fibrous structure that they pass within. The most common cause however, in your age group is lower spine, osteoporosis after menopause and compression fractures can add to this.The treatment is conservative and mostly around pain killers, anti inflammatory medication and physiotherapy to strengthen the back muscles. I would suggest that keep on the paracetamol and if the pain becomes intolerable you should start on a stronger analgesic like Aleve 500 mg twice a day and application of Ibuprofen liquigel on the lower spine area thrice a day. Bed rest and avoid odd postures and prolonged sitting.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Let me know if you have further queries.Best.