Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have been taking Venlafaxine (Effexor) at a daily

Hello. I have been taking Venlafaxine (Effexor) at a daily dose of 300mg for six years now.
Can the efficacy of Venlafaxine wear off with time / after taking it for so long?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for query,Most of the time antidepressants including venalafaxine develops tolerance with prolonged use. Since you are using it for 6 years it is likely that you need to increase dose to have same efficacy. But it is very important to discuss it with your prescribing physician.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.