Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have woken up on Tuesday to discover I have pink eye,

Customer Question

Hi I have woken up on Tuesday to discover I have pink eye, reading online this can be caused by many things but the one that I'm concerned about is an sti after having protected sex with a stranger on Sunday, how concerned should I be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your question. It is unlikely for this symptom to be due to an STI since these infections are rare in adults and also they would not have developed so soon after exposure. Also the protected sex and condom will reduce your risk of exposure to most STI. And still if STI transmission occurred, then it would be rare for eyes to be the primary site of infection. Therefore though this is less likely to be due to an STI but still needs consultation with your doctor to know the cause and to give specific treatment. Take care. Please rate the answer by clicking five stars. Reply if you need any clarification. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My email is ***@******.***
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, You may reply here in the chat if you have any further question. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, You are welcome. Thanks.