Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am not sure whether ihave just taken 4 panadol 500mgm tabs

Customer Question

i am not sure whether ihave just taken 4 panadol 500mgm tabs or 2 5oomgm tabs.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
This is not a dangerous dose, as long as you assume the greater amount before any further doses of the drug.
For acute toxicity related to single large doses of Panadol, the threshold at which there is risk of toxicity is doses of 7500 - 10000 mg as a single dose. Even with the larger dose, this would be a single dose of 2000 mg.
There also is a concern about chronic toxicity from Panadol. This can be seen at lower doses over the course of a day, with doses over 3000 mg a day carrying some risk. While a single dose of 2000 mg does not exceed this threshold, there would need to be caution about any further doses over the rest of the day to be certain that no more than 1000 mg is taken. And while you do not say why the dose was taken, if you can completely avoid any further doses, that would be the safest option. Note that this restriction would apply to any drug that contains paracetamol, the active ingredient in Panadol
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.