Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have contracted an std with symptoms in line with chlamydia,

Customer Question

I have contracted an std with symptoms in line with chlamydia, gonorrhea. I've had mild fever , brief swelling of lymphnodes in groin and the infection has spread to my eyes urinating is very painful . My body has not responded to several conventional antibiotic treatments all of which have been in ample doses . Is this a indication of primary hiv infection? Or could there be other reasons why my body has not responded to the antibiotics? I realize a blood test is necessary but I am very worried.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
trying to diagnose yourself is often very unreliable and can lead to improper treatments from incorrect diagnosis.
mild low grade fever and brief swelling of lymph nodes can be from anything, viral infection, skin irritation, and may not be from chlamydia or gonorrhea.
these sexually transmitted diseases are very easily tested for and very easily confirmed with urine testing or penile swab testing or vaginal cultures. (I don't know if you are a man or woman)
your eyes are "urinating"? you could be having viral or bacterial conjunctivitis.
we don't rely on symptoms to tell us if someone has HIV or not. we use medical history, and risks factors like if they participate in unprotected anal sex or share IV drug needles. and we use blood tests to check for HIV.
you need to see a doctor for evaluation and testing to know what is going on
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
thanks for accepting additional services.
my contact information is below
let me know if you would like me to call you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call me on, +964(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a security contractor working in iraq hence the iraq number
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I have to see a patient now,
can I call you in 1/2 an hour or so?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes although I will be in a moving vehicle so mobile comms in iraq can be unreliable at the best of times. But yes much appreciated
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
ok. I'm calling now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thankyou dr . I will try and get a blood test done hete in iraq . Thanks for the call
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
blood test for CBC which checks for elevated WBC white blood cell counts.
get a urine test or urinalysis to check for urinary tract infection
drinking alcohol or caffeine can cause burning with urination.
all of the antibitoics you have taken should have treated a bacterial urinary tract infection
you can get blood HIV antibody testing in 1-2 months, but I bet it will show up negative.
good luck to you
thanks for using JustAnswer.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So you were right dr , I had all the tests done , cbc , urine , std bloods , and all that came back in my urine sample out of the ordinary was a reading of 35 for pus cells. So a very nasty uti not hiv. I suppose it's nothing new for you to recieve paranoid patients haha regards sam
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I'm glad you went and saw and doctor and got your urinary tract infection treated.
best of luck to you
thanks for the follow up information
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com